Welcome


WELCOME TO OUR BLOG ! WE TALK MAINLY - BUT NOT ONLY - ABOUT SLEEPING, BEAUTIFUL BEDS, BEDDING, BEDROOMS AND HOW WE LIVE IN THEM

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE. SHOP ONLINE FOR OUR PRODUCTS

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Story time

Do you love reading in bed as much as I do?

I am a self-confessed bibliophile. I collect books and simply cannot go through a day without reading. And I definitely can't sleep at night until I have read at least a few pages of whatever book I have on hand - much to hubby's dismay, who reckons he cannot possibly fall asleep while there's a glimmer of light somewhere in the room.

And unfortunately I cannot stop at reading one book at a time - I usually have several must-reads that I devour at the same time. Consequently, my bedroom resembles a busy library more than a restful retreat or a romantic boudoir.

This is kinda what I aspire to: books neatly stacked in a colourful tray or floating shelf, reading light poised, with enough space left for fresh flowers or pretty displays...

Source: Pic1: apartmenttherapy.com  Pic2: Sarastraussblogspot


 

Source: Pic1: feelinspiredblogspot  Pic2: theentertaininghouse  Pic3: homeedit.com
In reality, this looks much more familiar:
 
Wow .. some really organised readers here! A bookshelf conveniently placed next to the bed, seems like a dream come true. But books arranged by colour?  I bet Dewy never considered that!
 
Source: Pic1:apartmenttherapy  Pic2: thefurnishingtouch.com


Piles of books supporting lamp and fan ... very practical!
 
Source: Pic1: flavorwire.com  Pic2: brit.co

Very creative solutions for the ever-increasing stacks of literature, but what if you just HAVE to read one of them?

Source: flavorwire.com

Source: casasugar.com


And what about reading your duvet cover? Yip. A very original designer, Tiago de Fenseca, came up with the idea of printing stories on a duvet cover with "pages" that flip just like a book. 


Jury's still out on this one, I think!

But how do YOU deal with your bedtime reading matter?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment