Welcome


WELCOME TO OUR BLOG ! WE TALK MAINLY - BUT NOT ONLY - ABOUT SLEEPING, BEAUTIFUL BEDS, BEDDING, BEDROOMS AND HOW WE LIVE IN THEM

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE. SHOP ONLINE FOR OUR PRODUCTS

Monday 23 July 2012

Quilts - the handmade touch


Another grey, windy, rainy day. I can't wait to get home to make a stack of hot sweet cinnamon pancakes and a cup of strong black coffee! This afternoon I want to get out my hexagon quilt pieces - no chance it will be completed this winter or even be on my bed the next winter, but I'll soldier on! In the mean time I am dreaming of a cupboard filled with quilts. I just love quilts, especially when they were hand made, with love and care and many thoughts of the maker hand sewn into the fibres of the fabric. This makes them not just warm and gentle, but somehow "human". Makes me miss Mom and Grandma and their comforting touch ...


I particularly love scrappy quilts. Isn't it amazing how all those initially mismatched pieces of fabrics just seems to end up sitting harmoniously together?
So what about you? Are you a quilt lover too?


Image sources:  Pic1: bebookbound.blogspot    Pic2: thecuriousquilter.com   Pic3: filminthefridge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment