Welcome


WELCOME TO OUR BLOG ! WE TALK MAINLY - BUT NOT ONLY - ABOUT SLEEPING, BEAUTIFUL BEDS, BEDDING, BEDROOMS AND HOW WE LIVE IN THEM

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE. SHOP ONLINE FOR OUR PRODUCTS

Tuesday 22 January 2013

How green is my ... bedroom?


Amongst the precious stones, emeralds are my favourites. Good thing, I guess, since it is my birthstone. I have a beautiful baguette cut emerald dress ring and I hanker after a pair of candelabra earrings set with these green beauties.

I also think emerald green is a perfect colour choice for an evening gown. In fact, I chose emerald green for my own matric farewell dance dress. Why then was I less than excited when the colour gurus at Pantone announced that this hue was the colour of 2013, to be expected to crop up not only in apparel but home design as well? Somehow I just can't imagine living with emerald green - at least not indoors - in spite of Pantone describing it as a colour that enhances our sense of well-being, and bringing about balance and harmony. Maybe in very small doses, but not as a main colour.
 
A mix of pure ultramarine blue and cadmium yellow light, emerald is very vivid and the greenest of all greens. It will certainly take a brave person with a deft hand to pull off a successful interior colour scheme where this hue predominates.


I am intrigued by this room with its intense green wall, and think that its washed down complement offers the perfect counterfoil. The scale of this room certainly also helps to give balance to the weight of the green. Lovely to look at, but easy to live with?
Source:  pleasantlivinghome.blogspot





































In most interiors I came across in my searches, vivid green was paired with lots and lots of bright white.

Source:decoist

Source: apartmenttherapy.com




































Source: decoist.com









































Some decorators opted to use plenty of grey or charcoal to dull down the intensity of the green:




Source: inthralld.com










Personally, I would still prefer to stick to accessories, like a quilt, scatter cushions or a lampshade to add that pop of emerald, rather than making a long term commitment - not to mention investment - such as curtains or headboards. Accessories can easily be removed when 2014 and the next trend colour rolls around!

Source: mydecoco.com

Source 1: charmhomedesign.com 2: blogshell-decor  3; pagazzi.com





Source: 1: gnginteriordesign.com  2: instyle.com












































How are you going to use emerald in your bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment